Günther Lehner,Studied mathematics and physics and afterwards, from 1957 through 1972, he held positions at various places, at the Technical University of Munich (Germany), the Institute for Plasma Physics in Garching near Munich (Germany), the Laborario Gas Ionizzati of Frascati near Rome (Italy). He researched in the area of plasma physics, thermonuclear fusion (fusion reactor), and highest magnetic fields. In 1961 he received his Ph.D. in the field of plasma physics and in 1967 his habilitation on topics of highest magnetic fields from the Technical University of Munich. In 1972 he was called to the University of Stuttgart (Germany) to head the department of Theoretical Electrical Engineering, to research and teach topics covering electromagnetic fields, energy conversion, and use of alternative energy sources, solar energy in particular. Emeritus in 1996.